The Clayton campus of footwear retailer Caleres Inc., is being turned into a $500 million mixed-use redevelopment.
LJC, CRG, and Clayco are working together on this 8300 and 8400 Maryland Ave site with a plan to build an office building, boutique hotel, luxury condominiums and townhouses, and an athletic resort concept.
The proposed health and wellness campus is perceived as the most sustainable community in the St. Louis region. As the county seat of St. Louis County, Clayton is a premier business hub in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Its central location and convenient access to several interstates’ significant arteries and Metrolink place it within minutes of most of the region.
- Complementary to downtown Clayton
- Immersed in top-tier healthy restaurants, eco-friendly retail, and exciting amenities.
- Unique identity with bespoke architecture.
- Class A experience with high-end landscape terraces, amenity floors, boutique retail, and dedicated parking.
- Captivating views of the city and surrounding context.
- Enhancing walkability and connectivity in the area.
- Build-to-suit office.
- Site in master plan with a second class-A office building, one luxury residential building, and a unique spa hotel.
- World-class wellness amenities & landscape – Anti-viral resilient workplace.
Formerly known as Brown Shoe Co., Caleres has roots in St. Louis dating back to the 1870s and has been in Clayton since the 1950s. Whether Caleres will open a new global headquarters in part of the office building, keeping about 650 employees in the St. Louis region, depends on state and local subsidies and ongoing lease negotiations.